RC8-6 Vertical Windlass 1/4" Chain, Rope 1/2" 12v
- On/Off Breaker Panel
- Reversing Solenoid
- Up/down Panel Switch
- Emergency crank / clutch release handle
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations
- Fully automatic rope / chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 1/4" (6mm / 7mm) chain spliced to 1/2" (12 mm) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope
- The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series
- Full disassembly capability of topworks utilising handle provided and an Allen key
- The RC8 Series is manufactured from marine-grade 316 stainless steel for long term durability
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance
- In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel preloaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure
- The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire a Low Profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key
- Manual override using the emergency crank handle provided
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and worm wheel
All RC Series windlasses are fitted with Maxwell's unique Wave Design chainwheel
- This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode
- The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval
- As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope
- Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode
- Wave Design Chainwheel Is fitted to all RC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil and Metric
- Material: Marine-Grade 316 Stainless Steel
- Power: 12 Volt DC, 600 Watts
- Chain / Short Link: 1/4" ( 6mm / 7mm )
- Maximum Pull: 770 lbs ( 350kg )
- Rope Size: (Nylon)* (3-Strand or 8 Plait Recommended) 1/2" (12mm)
- Chain Speed (Anchor Retrieval): 92 Feet per Minute (28 m / min)
- Rope Speed (Anchor Retrieval): 79 Feet per Minute (24 m / min)
Warranty : 1 Year Warranty
- Material: Marine-Grade 316 Stainless Steel
Orders placed before 3pm AEST will be dispatched on the same day. There may be dispatch delays during busy sale periods*
We offer Free Next Business Day Delivery to capital cities within the Express Post Network.
Shipping to metro areas takes 1-3 business days.
Shipping to regional rural areas outside of the Express Post Network may take 2-5 business days.
At this stage we do not offer same day delivery.
ORDER VALUE DELIVERY COST Under $100 AUD $9.95 AUD for Express Shipping Over $100 AUD Free Express Shipping
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS & WEEKENDS
Black Swallow does not operate on public holidays or weekends. All orders placed on a public holiday or weekend will be shipped on the next business day.
Items that are a pre-order will be labelled as a pre-order with estimated dispatch times stated. Once your order is ready for dispatch, your parcel will be shipped via Australia Post Express Post.
We do not split-ship. If your order contains both in-stock and pre-order items, your entire order will be shipped out together once all items are in-stock. We recommend that you place separate orders for in-stock and pre-order items so that your entire order is not held up.
To ensure you get the lowest prices and fastest shipping, some products are shipped directly from our marketplace sellers. These products are marked clearly with “This item ships directly from Marketplace seller”. The delivery speed will vary depending on the seller and their location. Your order may be split shipped if you are ordering from the Black Swallow Marketplace.